Mother Mayhem's

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, November 01, 2003

 
Well That Was Fun

Halloween passed quietly, thankfully. The one truly nice thing about living in an apartment complex with only our balcony doors to the outside world, & secured doors to the building, is that we don't have to deal with T-or-T'ers. Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against getting into a fun costume & make-up, & passing out candy to the little one's; but after years of passing out candy for my folks, the little ones come early, & it's the teens, that have no business going out to beg candy, that you see most of the night! There should be community parties for them to go to; so that they can enjoy being creative, & socialize; but not go around to houses for candy like the little children.

Enough of my ranting... I had another interview yesterday, not much of a job -- 20hrs. per week, just general office assisting... but it would be a job.

Well today & tomorrow would be the last days I could use the tickets to Elitch's, but even though the Weather Channel says it's Supposed to be 49*F today it will never get there... It is ~1:30PM & the current temp is just 30*F, ~ 90% humidity, with a light wind. This means that the effects of wind chill & just plain damp cold, you'll be a person-sickle in a matter of minutes, especially after just one or two fast rides! So, no Elitch's for this "little black duck"!
I've always said that "I'm crazy. Not Stupid!"

On a totally different note... I just got off the line with a friend that suggested that I share with you one of my short-cut receipts.
This one is fast
Creamy-Tomato-Basil Soup

..1 can...Condensed Tomato Soup

1/3 can...Water (to rinse the soup out of the can).

2/3 can...Milk or Soy Milk in my case.

To Taste..Dry Basil

To Taste..Dry Parsley
(I use about half again as much Parsley as Basil)

Stir it all together in a Microwaveable bowl with a lid.
Heat till it boils. Stirring it once or twice as needed.
Ladle into a nice mug & enjoy on a cold day, with a good Blog...

Well TTFN....

Comments: Post a Comment