Mother Mayhem's

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, October 10, 2003

 
Now; Some Of My Favorite Quotes...

"The world of poetry, mythology, and religion represents the world as a man would like to have it, while science represents the world as he gradually comes to discover it."
Joseph Wood Krutch

"A zebra is a light-colored animal with dark stripes, not a dark one with light stripes."
American Museum of Natural History

"Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."
Wallace Stevens

"Rain is grace; rain is the sky condescending to the earth; without rain there would be no life."
John Updike

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."
Jack London

"In saying what is obvious, never choose cunning. Yelling works better."
Cynthia Ozick

"One of the best ways to win any game is to write the rules."
Michael S. Malone

"Systems governed by only one set of rules are more vulnerable than those with variety."
Geoff Mulgan

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

"Talent wins games, but teamwork wins championships."
Michael Jordan

"Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon."
Peter Lynch


These were just some of my favorites...more to follow later.


Onward & Upward

Well nothing much happened today, mostly because I woke up with a sinus head-ach that had delusions of migraine. In other words, until I treated it like a migraine, the D**n thing just would not go away...I couldn't see, sound & temp sensitive, & upset stomach, couldn't even enjoy my dinner, until I took Lots of med's & a nap to let them take affect! Now I feel groggy....

Oh Well, What the H*ll, Tra La La....

TTFN

Comments: Post a Comment