Mother Mayhem's

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, September 18, 2003

 
Not Too Bad of a Day

First things first: Yes Cate I Get the HINT! And not only that; today I got my first e-mail from one of the gals from your writing group that reads mine too. Thank you all.

Second: Cate, we'll have to work on the comment thing together; maybe we can do a yahoo audio chat this weekend & do it then? Let me know...

Onward & upward....

Yesterday Cate mentioned in her blog about how the temp dropped like a rock there; well kiddo you didn't feel anything yet!
Bern was supposed to meet with the guy who just bought the "Overland" restaurant in Laramie, Wyo. (just 3 hrs from where we live), not a bad little trip, remember I'm from Wyoming, where it's at least an hour to the next town, or any where else you might want to go (hahaha). When we left here, it was 85*F, 10 min. after we got to Laramie, it started to Rain, A COLD Rain. Half an hour later the rain had turned to SNOW, yes I said snow! Well, to top things off the guy had forgotten that he had wanted us to come up, & had set up the appointment with our friend Don (here after referred to as AHZ, as in like the character in Robert Asprin's "MYTH" books). As I was saying, he set the appointment, then forgot we were coming, went to do errands, then had car troubles....oyi-vay! So we make a quick pass by the record shop down the street, where they sell old vinyl records to see our friends there, well they're not there either! What a Trip! BTW, Bern had dressed for the 85*F temps here, even though I had told him that this front was supposed to get things really cold; but even I didn't expect Snow! Well we high-tailed it out of Laramie, but it was still 8pm before we got home last night. So I spent the day recuperating, I Ache... blech.

Quote for the Day
"Guilt by Free-Association" ......Think on that one for awhile...

More of My Old Poetry

It was a very nice day in the forest,
Under the cool of the shade trees.
Down by the little Brook,
The grass & flowers grew thick & tall...


Dusk to dusk ... When comes the day.
Dust to dust ... A life away.


Liberty is the luxury of self discipline.

The Moon
A piece of rock in the sky.
Lovers love under,
Composers write songs for,
Men created legends about.
The Moon;
Mirror in the Night...


Haiku?

The great Mount Fuji
A cloud encircles the top
Flooding rain comes soon


(please note, many of these were written many years ago....)

Well the "David Arkenstone" album I've been listening to is just about to finish its 2nd time through, & it's time to catch some news...if Bern will let me... the only thing I like about Bill O'Reilly is that it's great inspiration to Blog!
Well TTFN...

Comments: Post a Comment